Thursday, November 12, 2009

Retreat

WOW! The LORD does good work! (yeah, I know that but...)

Last weekend, St. Charles had it's annual high school youth group retreat and it's them was: Your Grace is Enough and of course, the awesome song by the same title by Matt Maher was our theme song! The talks were designed around using the word grace as an acronym as follows: G = growth, R = relationships, A = attitude, C = chastity, and E = empowerment. The idea is to see God's grace working through all these aspects of our lives.

As I may have mentioned in previous posts, leading up to the retreat Sr. Denise, myself, and the team encountered many hurdles and challenges right up to getting to the retreat. However, once the retreat started, it was quite evident just how much God's grace is indeed flowing in our lives. In a word, everything was: "perfect"! The witnesses really hit home, the video presentations really worked well, and the participation with the teens in singing, small group time, and prayer especially Confession and Adoration were amazing!!! Sr. Denise and I were and still are totally blown away!!! From start to finish I found myself marveling at the beauty of God's grace unfolding! When all was said and done, Sr. and I were quite tired but it was a good tired one of satisfaction and thankfulness.

I'm thankful God used all of us on the team in the way He did! Even in our brokeness and challengedness going into the retreat, God took what we had and with it, His will was done! I can't wait until the reunion this Sunday to hear how people's lives were changed! There were about 100 teens on the retreat and you can tell that everyone left with something and were changed in some way I'm sure of it!!!

Thank you God!

No comments: